Common Tech Issues
UPDATE (10/13/2020): This page is still a work-in-progress.
The following are common troubleshooting issues during remote learning and how to address them.
If any other issues come up that's not shown here, please submit a request form so someone can contact you to assist at a later time. Please note we receive many tickets a day and immediate responses are difficult to maintain. CPS has also set up the Parent Tech Support Line, where you can submit tickets online or call the help desk at 773-417-1060 (Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM).
Student Account Login Issues
- Wait 30 minutes for account to unlock. If you enter your password incorrectly too many times, your account gets locked out automatically. It takes about 30 minutes to unlock by itself, or you can contact your teacher, Mr. Chi, or Mr. Guerrero to unlock manually.
- Refer to the Chromebook or iPad guides below for more instructions. Logins can vary by device.
- When you are on the CPS login screen, make sure your username does not have "@cps.edu". This part is not required when logging onto a CPS login screen. However, if you are on a Google app on the iPad (such as Meet or Classroom), you have to enter the full email address with @cps.edu. Then press proceed without entering the password. This will redirect to the CPS login screen.
Chromebooks and Related Issues
- CPS's Chromebook Guide (English, Spanish)
- If you reset your password, you must remove the old profile on the Chromebook first. This can be done by clicking the down arrow next to your name, then "Remove Account". Then go to the bottom of the screen and "Add Person" with your username (no @cps.edu) and your new password.
- For micro